Keep it Real Privacy Statement
Keep It Real was developed with young people aged 16-25 by Queensland University of Technology (QUT) as part of a continuing research project in the Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre (Young and Well CRC) which is part of Young People, Technology and Wellbeing CRC Ltd. We are a not-for-profit organisation with objectives that include pursuing world class research and carrying out education for the benefit of Australians, especially young people. We focus on using technologies to promote mental health and wellbeing of young people. We respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining it.
To address your queries and ensure you are informed as you use this service:
- You can use Keep It Real without telling us who you are or revealing any information that personally identifies you (Personal Information).
- The Young and Well CRC may use anonymous information on website usage (e.g., number of times used, duration of use, the pages you visit inside the website) to ensure that the website continues to meet the needs of young people.
- If you do provide us with any identifying information (e.g., your first name, email address or IP address) through your involvement in our research, we will deidentify the information prior to conducting the research. Personal information stored on servers is protected from modification, misuse, disclosure, loss and unauthorised access. Please note that we will not collect identifying information without your knowledge, and that this identifying information must be collected for your participation in this research.
- You may ask us at any time to let you know what personal information we have collected from you. If you would like us to update or delete your personal information, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we are required by law to keep it.
- No identifying information will be shared with third parties, within Australia or overseas.
- If you choose to share Keep It Real through your social networks (via Facebook, Twitter or similar sites), you acknowledge that we do not manage or monitor those comments that may be made about this website on these channels.
Young and Well CRC is not a mental health or crisis support service. Young people who need help should contact Kids Helpline, at http://www.kidshelp.com.au/ or 1800 55 1800; or Lifeline, at http://www.lifeline.org.au/ or 13 11 14. For more mental health services, visit us at http://www.youngandwellcrc.org.au/connect-with-us/support-services/.
If you believe QUT has not dealt with your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Act or this policy, you may make a complaint to QUT. A complaint must be made in writing or by email to the Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or referred to that officer if received by another area of the University. The Privacy Officer will refer the matter to the head of the organisational unit to resolve the complaint.
Primary responsibility for investigating and responding to the complaint will rest with the head of the organisational unit, with advice from the Privacy Officer as required. QUT's main objective in responding to privacy complaints is to conciliate an outcome which is acceptable to the complainant and which addresses any broader or systemic privacy issues which may arise. If a complainant does not agree with the University's response, an internal review process is available or a complainant may refer the matter for independent mediation by the Office of the Information Commissioner.